Susanna Loeb, PhD, MPP
- Director, Center for Education Policy Analysis
- Co-Director, Policy Analysis for California Education
- Policy Council Member, Association of Policy Analysis and Management
- Senior Fellow, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
- Faculty Research Fellow, National Bureau of Economic Research
- Director, Institute for Research on Education Policy and Practice
Susanna Loeb is the Barnett Family Professor of Education at Stanford University, faculty director of the Center for Education Policy Analysis, and a co-director of Policy Analysis for California Education. She specializes in the economics of education and the relationship between schools and federal, state and local policies. Her research addresses teacher policy, looking specifically at how teachers' preferences affect the distribution of teaching quality across schools, how pre-service coursework requirements affect the quality of teacher candidates, and how reforms affect teachers' career decisions. She also studies school leadership and school finance, for example looking at how the structure of state finance systems affects the level and distribution of resources across schools. Susanna is a member of the National Board for Education Sciences, a senior fellow at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, member of the Executive Board of the National Center for the Analysis of Longitudinal Data in Education Research, and a faculty research fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research.